CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 9, 2007

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee're Baaaaaaaaack!

Hello! Hello! Hello!

Happy Belated 4th of July to everyone! I hope you all had a fun and safe holiday.

Jackson and I arrived back at home on July 3rd. The trip home was a loooong one. Although, Jax did very well. In fact, I don't think I could have asked for a better behaved baby. He's so good to me. :)

The trip to West Virginia also went smoothly. It was VERY tough letting Jackson go with Marsha. I cried like a baby for a few minutes...and Jax didn't seem to have a care in the world as he drove off without me. He was in good hands, so I knew I didn't have to worry about him one bit. But that certainly did NOT stop me from calling Marsha 2 or 3 times that first evening, and then once every morning, afternoon, and night. I always had to be "in the know" on what he was doing; did he eat? did he sleep well? has he pooped? LOL!

On Sunday I left West Virginia after having a FUN-tastic time with my stamping friends. The trip to Tennesse was a little under 5 hours. It felt like forever...because I was just dying to see my little baby. I think he was a little mad at me for being gone for so long, but he quickly got over it and we had a fun time catching up with each other.

It was a very busy week in Tennessee. We ran around shopping, eating, shopping some more, visiting with family, eating some more, etc. It was lots of fun. I am so glad Jax got to finally meet his Great Pappy & Great Mimi and more aunts, uncles, and cousins. My Uncle Walt put on a SUPER fireworks show on the Saturday before the 4th. He did an awesome job. While Jax and I were in Tennessee, my Aunt Amy took some pictures of Jackson for his 5th month birthday. She's been very into photography for as long as I can remember and is starting to take professional pictures on the side. She offered to take some of Jax for extra practice. And while I have not seen all of them, the few that she emailed me were SOOOOOOO CUTE! I'll have to see if I can post them here or not. I'd like to get her permission to post just 1 so you can see how cute he is and also to see what a great job she did.

All in all, it was a very FUN trip. It was sad to leave...but we were very anxious to get home to see Daddy. He was also eagerly awaiting our return.

We all enjoyed the 4th together as a family. And this past weekend has been non-stop. We went to a small "pool party" on Friday at our friend's, Tim & Jenny's. They had their baby boy while I was away. (CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN to the both of you!) His name is Joseph Timothy Freeman. He's very sweet. And I just know Jax and him are going to be the best of buddies. On Saturday, our friend's Nick & Cheryl had a "4th of July" BBQ. It was great to see everyone together and it was hotter than heck! Auntie Jess babysat Jackson for that one. I felt so bad dragging him out and about after all the recent traveling we had done. And yesterday, we went to Papa's (my dad) to BBQ and swim in the pool. It was a lot of fun...and Jackson DID hear me while he was in my belly. I kept telling him..."you better be a water baby!" LOL!

Needless to say, we are POOPED today! So we are just bumming around the house and staying cool on the inside.

I know you are "speed reading" through all this babble in hopes of seeing a LOT of great pictures. So here ya go:



Getting some jumpin' time in at Marsha's


He was just loving this thing!


Quick break!


He's trying to decide whether he should keep whining or smile! :)


Playtime in the bathroom while we were getting ready for the day!


Rest time!


Eating Sweet Potatoes for the first time!



Um....I think he likes them! What do you think?


More jumpin' Jackson!


Mommy & Jax before heading to the 4th of July BBQ!


Jackson in his festive onesie: "Mommy's Little Sparkler"


Jackson actually stayed AWAKE for the fireworks! He LOVED them! (we had to keep his ears covered, of course.)


FUSSY BABY! (he's starting to teethe)


Another "Mommy & Me" pose!


Enjoying some "quality" reading time with Mimi Marsha.


Jackson's new love: Swinging outside on the swingset!


He loves it so much it makes him fall asleep!


Mimi Marsha & our lil' Homey Jax!


Mommy needs a pic with him too!


What up, dudes?


This lil' homey is pooped!


Thanks for checking in with us! I hope you enjoyed the pictures from Tennesee! I have quite a few from over the weekend, but I will share those with all of you another day. I've gotta run! Jackson is up from his afternoon nap! TOODLES!

1 comments:

Kimberly

OMGarsh, that second sweet potato pic is too cute for words. You look great mommy. Glad y'all had a wonderful trip!