CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall season is upon us!

Yeah! It's finally cooling off around here. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the nice warm weather this summer, especially because baby fish and mama fish got to enjoy plenty of time in the water, but it was getting to be so hot we couldn't play outside unless we were in a pool.
So I am welcoming the cooler air this week. Yesterday Jax and I went for a walk at a park near our house. There is a path that winds around a marsh. We also took a few minutes to play. Jax went down the slide and we sat on the swings.
Today, we went for a 45 minute walk around our neighborhood. Jackson relaxed and enjoyed the stroll. I think he likes it outside.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of updates this past month. Rich, Jax, and I have just been so busy with so many things. We went away one weekend on a houseboat with a bunch of our friends. Jackson stayed with Grandma Tammy (aka Tamma) and had a great time! We also planned a surprise party for our friends, Nate and Amy, to celebrate their marriage and baby. So during the week we would spend our time just preparing for our weekends and then we'd spend the following week catching up. It was a never ending circle.

However, all of our busyness is now over with. We are super excited that we can now spend our Sundays in one of our favorite Football shirts and watch all the games while Jackson crawls all over the floor and bothers the dog. LOL!

Jackson is getting around quite quickly these days. He still has not mastered the technique of crawling, but he's darn good at doing it they way the boys in the army do. He is also able to push himself up from being on his tummy to a sitting position. He did that one night while he was in his crib. I heard him making noise about 10 minutes after putting him down for the night and looked over at the monitor and there he was, SITTING UP! The little stinker!

He absolutely LOVES the dog and Packer is starting to warm up to Jax quite a bit as well. She especially likes to give him kisses ALL OVER. I have not warmed up to that so much. I'd like my baby to smell like a baby when I pick him up, not doggy breath. :) I'll ease up over time. But Packer is very good with him. She lets him do just about anything. He pulls her tail, pulls her whiskers, pulls at her mouth to see her teeth, you name it. These two are gonna be best buddies!

I think that's really all there is to say at this point. We've just been very busy and are looking forward to being able to relax a bit more as the Fall season approaches. We are looking forward to Halloween! Not too much longer!

Here are some pictures to catch you up on the past month!


Just playing around!



Getting use out of my swing...that I am about to grow out of!



Having fun with all my toys!



Working on my crawling!



"I'm not sure I want to be in here anymore, Mom."



Playing with the puppy dog!



Is it just me or does the dog look like she is so over it? :)



Checking each other out!



Bathtime fun! I wanna pinch those cheeks.....both sets! LOL!



All bundled up like a pea in a pod!



I think this is Jax's favorite part of the day...right after the bath! He loves to get wrapped up tight in his towel and then tries to break out while laughing and giggling!



He got out! He looks proud!



Just sampling some of Mommy's food. "AAAARGH! I'm a pirate!"



Gettin' into my basket 'o toys!



Sitting up in the tub and having fun splashing around!



Drying off in my robe from Tamma!



He looks like a little mini boxer or fighter! LOL!



Here he is after a long day and 2 short naps! Not a happy fella!



Just hanging out in Daddy's chair and checking out all the computer equipment!


MORE UPDATES TO COME! Keep checking in on us from time to time!

4 comments:

Kimberly

Awwww he is such a cute lil' dude!!!! It's great that him and Packer are becoming buds. Enjoy the Fall weather and send it down this way!! Mini five Jax - for being able to sit up now.

Anonymous

AAARRGGGHH Pirate Jax looks like a good pirate!

I love him and Packer together!

Suzanne

Such a doll!!!! I love that pirate pic! Enjoy the cooler weather!

Anonymous

Oh, Jax - you just melt my heart!!! You are such a cutie!!!!
LOSTie Aunt Debbie