We have been very, very busy this past month. We had some friends over for Cinco de Mayo. Then my Aunt Marsha came up from Tennessee on May 11th. She has not seen Jax since the beginning of March. So we were busy visiting and running around town. She also helped us to paint one of the last rooms in the house that needed painting; our office. It looks great (see pic). Then there was my first Mother's Day. It was quite enjoyable. Jackson and I spent the day with Mimi Marsha and Auntie Steph and Aunt Marie, while Daddy stayed at home and hung up Mommy's new shelves in the office. We were also busy getting ready for Jackson's Baptism which was on May 20, 2007.
Here are some pics:
Jax and Mommy at our Cinco de Mayo Party

Here is our newly painted office. The shelving is also new. I got to re-organize my stamps and scrapping supplies.
This is me and Jax. Those obnoxious sunglasses were my Mother's Day present. Jax thought I needed to be a "trendy" Mommy.

Here we are before leaving for the church. We had to protect the nice outfit from all his drool.

Jackson quietly listening during the Baptism.

Here is Jax after receiving his "Baptism Bib"

Here he is getting "bathed" in Holy Water. He didn't make a peep. Father Doyle was happy about that.

Jackson with his parents and Godparents, Auntie Julie & Uncle Joe

A close up of the little man in white.

Here is Jax eyeing the yummy cake.
Then we were really lazy for about a week, because we were so tired from being out and about and getting the house ready for company. On Wednesday, the 23rd, Daddy went on a fishing trip with Papa Gibis and he was gone through Memorial Day. Jackson, Marsha, and I went to a BBQ at my aunt and uncle's house.
Jax was so tired he played himself to sleep.
Here he is with Auntie Steph.

Taking his first ride down a slide.
Yesterday, we were at the doctor for Jax's 4 month check up. I cannot believe he is 4 months old already!
Here are his stats:
Height: 24.2 inches
Weight: 12 lbs 11 oz
"Look at me! I am 4 months old!"
Today we got to start him on oatmeal. :) How fun! We are also able to start orange vegetables (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots) and then non-citrus fruits (applesauce, peaches, pears, bananas). Every 3 days we can introduce a new food to him to rule out any allergic reactions. I am so excited to let him experience something new. He has eaten oatmeal twice today and he has done a great job getting most of it down. He's gonna LOVE IT when he finally gets the good and tastey stuff!
He can roll over from his stomach to his back now. That was fun to see. And any day he's gonna be rolling over from his back to his stomach.
Workin on rolling over.
He has also discovered his feet. He stares at them and grabs them and holds on to his little toes. It's too cute!
Playing with his little piggy's.
He has also started to giggle out loud. He tends to smile really big and hold in the laughter, but every once in a while he lets it out. We try to tell him it's a lot more fun when he releases the laugh. He'll get the hang of it soon! But it is definitely one of the best sounds in the whole wide world!
Giggle baby!
Bathtime has been a lot of fun as well. He has graduated to just the regular big tub. I fill it up with just enough water that I can actually lay him down. It's so fun to watch him kick and squirm in the water. He just loves it!

Look at our little Bubble Angel.
So that is what we have been up to during the month of May. I can't wait to see what June brings! I promise you will be hearing about it and seeing lots of pictures whenever I get the chance. This guy keeps me occupied!
Until next time....
4 comments:
Sooooooooo stinkin' cute! You look good girl. Lovin' the new shades. Have fun introducing the little dude to new foods....that's exciting!!
Kim-Aunt Bebe
YEAH!!!!!!
New pictures of the cute little man!
SO cute!
Thanks for the new pics...the nagging worked!;)
Edie
What a great update!!!!! Jax is really growing and learning!!! Fun times isn't it???
Congrats on his baptism! What a special time!
-Karrie :)
what a cutie!!! He is getting sooooo big!!! Keep those pics coming!
Love,
Auntie Alybear
Post a Comment