I think our "little man" just isn't ready to meet his "makers". I went to see the doctor today and GUESS WHAT????
Nope. No change. Baby Jax is just not cooperating. Can you believe it?
To make matters worse, I've got a horrible rash all over my stomach called PUPPPS. If you are interested in seeing what it looks like, check out this picture link. http://members.optushome.com.au/westhoff/puppp/Gallery/pages/photo2.htm
That is not me in the picture...but my poor baby belly looks just like that! It itches something terrible. Sadly, there is NOTHING in the world to make it feel better. No joke. I have tried hydrocortizone cream, Benadryl spray, Benadryl cream, Benadryl pills, aloe gel, Vasoline, etc. Those may relieve it for all of two minutes and then I itch like crazy all over again. The only thing that has helped to give me some relief is icepacks. I hope little Jax doesn't get too cold in there while his mommy keeps her belly on ice for most of the day/night.
Are you interested in more info on this wonderful pregnancy side effect?
-It happens to 1 in 100,000 pregnant women. (WOO HOO for me! Go figure I am 1 of those 100,000!)
-In easy to understand terms, I am "allergic" to the baby.
-This awful rash does NOT go away or subside until the baby has been delivered!
-Did I mention that there is really NOTHING out there to relieve the pain/itch?
So, if you are reading this, please say a prayer or think a positive thought that Jackson decides to show us his face really soon or else Mommy is gonna scratch her way through to him!
Inducing is an option for pregnant mothers out there with this itchy, scratchy rash. However, I am NOT a candidate for induction quite yet, because my cervix is not cooperating either. So I will continue to itch and scratch and sleep in 1 hour increments until this dude decides he is ready.
To sum it all up:
We wait. We continue to wait. I have another scheduled Dr appt for 2 days after my due date of January 29th. If Jackson has decided he is happy with the current "womb service" he is getting and does not make his appearance by January 31st, then he and I will start to be monitored on a daily basis and a date for induction will be decided. So whether he wants to come out or not, a date between February 5th - February 12th will be chosen for him.
Back to our regular scheduled program of WAITING...............................................
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Super big TX hugs little mama!! Suz and I thought about you and Jax when we walked through the baby section at IKEA today. Sorry you are still so itchy. Hope the little dude makes an appearance soon. Miss ya.
Kim
Post a Comment