CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Yeah! It's the weekend!

We love the weekends because Daddy is home with us. Jackson just loves his Daddy and sometimes Mommy thinks he has the "magic" touch in getting Jax to take naps.

It's been a crazy, busy, frustrating week. I last updated on Tuesday. On Wednesday we took a trip to the mall with Aunt Marie. She came to visit and it was Jackson's first visit to the big mall. He was a very good boy. He slept the entire time! He loves his stroller. Here's a picture of him from Wednesday:





On Thursday Jax and I just hung out at home. And our neighbor, Connie, brought over Jackson's girlfriend, Isabella. She was born 2 1/2 weeks before Jax. He likes the older women. :) We all visited for a while in the house and then took a walk outside because it was a beautiful day. Jax got a little cranky, but it was because he was hungry. I simply could not feed him enough that day.

On Friday Jackson had a very rough day. He refused to nap and cried the whole day long. Anytime I got him to sleep he would wake up as soon as I put him down and cry. He seemed hungry all day (he must be going through a growth spurt). He was just one crabby boy yesterday. Mommy cried right along with him. It's so sad when there isn't anything I can do. Then Daddy came home...and of course...he "shows off" and is a good boy for the evening. Here are some pics Daddy got of Jax on his changing table talking to his absolute favorite toy "Mr. Bug".








Today he is being a good baby. He's actually napping right now. Guess who got him to sleep and stay asleep? Yep! Daddy! I think it's more difficult for me to soothe Jax since I am nursing. He thinks I am good for eating so he just tries to get at the good stuff. But hey...whatever works, right? Here are some pics of Jax playing this morning.





I am hoping this nap will make him a happy guy (I am sure it will). Auntie Julie and Lindsay are coming to babysit tonight. Daddy and I are going out on the town! (really we are just heading to our friend's house for a cook-out). It will be fun for us to get away and I know Jackson will have a great time playing with Auntie Julie and Lindsay.

I hope you all got your much needed "fill" of Jackson for now. We'll be back with more news early next week.

Jackson's newest developments:

Smiling
Cooing and gurgling
Early bedtime (7:15ish)
Sleeping through the night until sometime between 6 and 7. WOO HOO!
Starting to swat at toys and shows more of an interest in them.

3 comments:

Anonymous

I could seriously kiss those cute cheeks!!! Sorry y'all had a rough day. It has been nice seeing you on the island more :) Have fun tonight!!!!!
Kauai17

Anonymous

What can I say, the kid loves me! = )

Hang in there Mom, everyone has their bad days...

Love, "Daddy"

emilymomto3boys

awww, they always need "I love mommy" clothes!!!